Sunday, December 02, 2012

Pennzoil Platinum

It's been a week since I changed the engine oil. The Royal Purple has done 7,200 km, engine getting noisier with that annoying clattering sound at low rev. I stocked up a 2 bottles of this Pennz fully synthetic oil and thought of trying it out.

Guess what, I have checked the dipstick and tyre pressure and I can conclude that this Pennzoil Platinum is not equal to the Royal Purple oil at all. There is a confirmed loss of power when launching, less responsive, the engine sound harsher and noisier, and I can feel the pull to the back whenever the air cond compressor kicks in when going uphill. I should have known. How could the Pennzoil with a SM rating can be better than the RP oil with a SN rating (both are 5w-30 oil). Really regretted stocking up two bottles, now I need to sell it cheap to my relatives for that other bottle. The worst of all, the clattering sound is still there after the oil change and I still can't figure it out what causes it.

Labels on the Pennzoil Platinum bottle, 100% synthetic (not sure if it's Group III oil), manufactured by a plant with ISO certification (if I m not mistaken, it's a company within the UMW Group).


 



 

 

No comments: