Saturday, October 27, 2012

Achilles ATR Sport

Replaced the Michelin PS3 tyre recently. Came across this cheap made in Indonesia tyre and wanted to try out. You know, I doubt one can find AA rated traction tyre selling for less than RM200 nowadays for a 15" size. This one I got for RM185 (with rubber valve) for 195/55/15 size. It's a V speed rated directional tyre and look pretty aggressive. The treadwear rating is quite high at 400, probably can use for a long time. Although the tyre shop warned that such tyre could be noisy, well, I find the noise level acceptable. Grip is sufficient for me and can't rate the steering feedback cause I put it at the rear. Overall, I must say this is quite an under rated tyre.


 

 

 

 
Although this tyre is ranked very low in some independent tyre test results, well, if you are looking for some entry level budget tyre like Goodyear NCT5 or Dunlop D01, you should try out this tyre.
 
 

No comments: